Natagaima Project, Colombia – Copper/Silver (Pacifico lodged application for 100%)
The Natagaima licence application is situated in the department of Tolima, approximately 5km west of the navigable Magdalena River which drains into the Caribbean Sea. No further exploration work was conducted during the financial year.
- Colombia operates a “first right” system with its licence application process and Pacifico was the first, of many interested parties, to register its application over Natagaima upon the area becoming available
- Located within the Middle Cauca Porphyry Belt
- Near existing electrical lines, roads, rail line and a major river
Tenement application area at Natagaima
- Mapping, outcrop sampling and project wide stream sediment sampling has generated very encouraging geochemical anomalies
- Initial work indicates prospectivity for epithermal and porphyry style mineralisation
- Two mineralised and intersecting trends identified are prospective for precious and base metals
- Selective grab sampling generated the following grades:
8.42g/t Au, 6.2% Cu, 2.3g/t Au, 1.35% Cu, 9.3% Pb and 1.12% Zn, 2.1% Cu and 1,395g/t Ag
Tenement location map highlighting mineralised trends
Several programs for follow-up exploration are under consideration including, targeted detailed mapping, channel sampling of gold bearing quartz veins, Mag and IP survey and trenching.
Follow up exploration will continue only once the Natagaima tenement application is granted to Pacifico. Follow up exploration will include detailed mapping and trenching of areas of interest.